Do you enjoy museums and talking with people from all over the world? Then we are looking for someone like you. We are seeking energetic associates to assist our guests at the Adams Museum and Days of ’76 Museum in Deadwood, SD.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Visitor Services Associate (VSA) is responsible for providing high quality customer service to visitors of the museums and stores operated at the Adams Museum and Days of ’76 Museum.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Greet visitors, communicate rules and polices of the museum to the visitor, collect admissions.
- Open and/or close the museums, following established procedures
- Promote the benefits and features specific to each of Deadwood History, Inc.’s properties and cross-sell them.
- Become knowledgeable of store products in order to answer questions and promote sales.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment and be able to take initiative quickly to resolve security or safety issues while remaining calm and clear-headed.
Must have exceptional customer service skills and communication skills, be comfortable and enjoy contact with adults of all ages, multi-generational families and children. Other traits necessary for this position are to be: reliable, punctual, personable, and enthusiastic. The position is seasonal; availability during this time is expected.
The duties of this position include standing for long periods of time, sitting, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs and occasionally lifting or moving objects up to 20 pounds. Must be able to see, speak and hear effectively. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities and requirements of this position.
- Employee discount in gift shops
- Free and discounted access to Black Hills attractions
- Flexible scheduling
- Access to free parking
Please email a cover letter, resume and two references to April Hoover, Human Resource Director. Email: email@example.com.